So I’m a few weeks late on getting this up but better late than never, right?
Towards Minimalism Goals:
– Get through all of the boxes in the walk in closet
– Go through all clothes and get rid of at least 2-3 more garbage bags full (the garbage bags I have now are the smaller 38 gallon ones, not the massive ones that can fit a Christmas tree)
– Use minimalism blogs as guides and pick out methods that would work best – make notes and begin to put into practice at least 5.
Result: Completed with a twist! In reading various minimalism blogs I realized that I didn’t want to be a minimalist and that the word was being thrown around like a bouncy ball. I want to live simply (I made mention of this in a previous post). So while I will NOT be putting into practice 5 minimalist methods I am taking the steps to live life more simply.
Toward Graduate School Goals:
-Follow up with adviser regarding outstanding questions regarding LoRs
Result: Completed! (and received!)
– Proceed as recommended regarding above response
– Draft SOP for at least 3/5 schools and bring to adviser for review
Result: Incomplete – I brought one draft to my adviser for review and have barely touched it since then. The other two are just sitting there gathering dust and being ignored.
Towards Reigniting Creativity Goals:
– Attempt to use the slow cooker at least 2-3 more times, if still completely unsuccessful donate to Goodwill
Result: Completed with a twist! I used it a total of 3 times with success – however with the ‘living more simply’ mindset I realized I didn’t need it; it’s currently in the Goodwill pile.
– Stream of consciousness using software for at least 4 book ideas instead of using random effing post it notes and messing up the apartment with scattered neon stickies
Result: Incomplete – I thought I’d have this done, but I just… didn’t. There are no more post it notes (yay!) but I still don’t have a solid outline for 4 books, and my one book idea is very scattered. My brain is all over the place – no wonder my post its were too!
– Finish scrapbook on trip to DC. Figure out what to do about transitioning photo album for big Asia/teaching trip into scrapbook
– Add cooking photos/tags to blog. Start posting regularly about it. Because it’s awesome
Result: Completed with a twist! I decided not to do this anymore because I realized how stupid of an idea it was to take photos of food I made for myself.